A Texas middle school student landed in intensive care last week after suffering a severe allergic reaction to ant bites he received on a football field, ABCNews reports.
A Texas middle school student has landed in intensive care after suffering a severe allergic reaction to ant bites he received on a football field Wednesday afternoon, ABCNews.go.com reports.
Cameron Espinosa, an eighth grade student at Haas Middle School in Corpus Christi, Texas, was huddled with fellow players during halftime of a game with nearby Hamlin Middle School when he began to scream, "Ants! Ants!"
A coach ran over and attempted to squirt the ants off Espinosa's legs using a water bottle shortly before the 13-year-old lost consciousness and collapsed on the field, according to a spokeswoman for the school.
Click here to read more.