Pest management professionals from around the country made their way to Texas in June for the Top 100 Awards Ceremony and Executive Summit.
On June 17-18, PCT hosted its third biennial Top 100 Awards Ceremony and Executive Summit, which was sponsored by Univar. The event, held in San Antonio, Texas, featured speakers from Top 100 companies from around the country, as well as two keynote speakers who provided unique insights to the Top 100 PMPs in attendance.
Almost 40 percent of PCT’s Top 100 list (39 companies) were represented; there were 106 attendees at the event. Both the #1 company (Rollins, Atlanta) and the #100 company on the list (Sandwich Isle Pest Solutions, Pearl City, Hawaii) were there, with revenues of $1.3 billion and $5.5 million, respectively. (PCT’s annual Top 100 List ranks the industry’s 100 largest firms; the list was featured in the May issue.)
Keynote speakers at the event included:
- David Burkus, assistant professor of management, Oral Roberts University. Burkus gave a presentation called “The Myths of Creativity: The Truth About How Innovative Companies and People Generate Great Ideas.” Based on the latest research on how creative individuals and firms succeed, Burkus highlighted the mistaken ideas that hold executives back and showed how anyone can embrace a practical approach, grounded in reality, to implement the best new ideas, service protocols, business processes and systems.
- Gary D. Curl, owner, Specialty Products Consultants. Curl presented data from the 14th edition of his annual market study. His presentation included a 10-year trend analysis, along with insights into the changing market dynamics that are important for continued success. He also assessed the market share performance for the PCT Top 100 pest control companies compared to the industry as a whole.
PMP speakers included:
- Cindy Mannes, chief marketing and strategy officer, Arrow Exterminators
- Scott Nolen, president, Truly Nolen of America
- Pamela Blauvelt, vice president of operations, Griffin Pest Solutions
- Ed Dougherty, executive vice president of operations, Massey Services
- David Fisher, vice president of operations, Rentokil
- Bob Wanzer, president of Rollins brands, Rollins
- Bobby Jenkins, president, ABC Home & Commercial Services
- Rich Ennis, CEO, The Steritech Group
- Scott Fortson, president and COO, Terminix Service
- Mike Rottler, president, Rottler Pest & Lawn Solutions
- Steve Good, vice president of Sales, Terminix International
Companies in attendance at the PCT Top 100 Awards Ceremony received a commemorative plaque recognizing their spot on the Top 100 List. The Buckhorn Saloon and Museum was the backdrop for the awards ceremony; for more than 131 years, the Buckhorn has featured various wildlife exhibits and houses a cafe, gift shop, shooting gallery and two museums: the Buckhorn Museum and the Texas Ranger Museum.
Dozens More Photos Online!
The above photos are just a few that were taken in San Antonio at the Top 100 event. Visit www.pctonline.com/top100-photos.aspx for additional shots.