Secret Site Map
Monday, December 22, 2014
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics

How important of a business tool is Facebook? Options · View
BRAD HARBISON
Posted: Tuesday, August 07, 2012 10:49:55 AM
Groups: Administration , Member

My online poll question this week is: “How often do you update your Facebook page?” http://www.pctonline.com/polls.aspx. I’m interested in hearing more about what you think of Facebook. How important of a business tool is Facebook? Which of your promotions have been successful/not successful (or what have you learned from these experiences)? Do you receive quality leads from FB?
DOMINICK MALVESTUTO
Posted: Wednesday, August 08, 2012 12:10:43 AM
Groups: Member

I hardly ever update my FB page. After I asked people to "like" my business I haven't done much since. I don't think it works well with pest control.
Brandon Bradshaw
Posted: Wednesday, August 08, 2012 2:12:32 PM

I agree with Dominick. It does not work well for pest control. I've tried a few things with Facebook and never get anything out of it.

Brandon Bradshaw

Seattle, WA
KEITH BURKMEYER
Posted: Monday, August 20, 2012 3:10:26 PM

I try to post a few times per day, it won't generate business immediately but in conjunction with Twitter, blogging etc it does seem to help. It also helps to inform customers via service tickets etc to the fact that you are using social media and offering coupons or deals is a sure way to interact with them.
Ladybug
Posted: Monday, August 20, 2012 8:22:05 PM

Facebook has worked for our business, but in a round about way. I have a personal page and Ladybug Pest Management and Daisey & Dolley - our Canine Scent Dogs have a page too. Those pages do not have much activity. Most of my "FB friends" know that Ladybug Pest Management is owned by Sandy & Frank Honess. I try to post educational and informational tips and findings re: pests, bed bug info, seasons for pests, etc... I also am genuinely interested in others needs and comments and "socialize" with them. Many times folks have contacted us because they know who Sandy & Frank Honess are and what we do. It works well for us. However, we are a smaller family business. It is more personal and relational.
BRAD HARBISON
Posted: Tuesday, August 21, 2012 8:59:43 AM
Groups: Administration , Member

Thanks everyone for your feedback. - Brad