Secret Site Map
Wednesday, September 17, 2014
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics

Rodent Soft Bait Review Options · View
Lance Griggs
Posted: Tuesday, December 11, 2012 7:49:27 PM
Groups: Member

Rodent season is here. I have been trying out three of the leading SB products. First Strike and Resolv , both by Liphatech, and AB Bait Co.'s Brigand SB. I still don't have results in yet for Brigand ( I will later this week), but I loaded a ton of my outside stations last month with both First Strike and Resolv side by side in the same stations.

I had a very detailed post with AI's percentages etc, but PCT's field/post page crashed on me, so you can do your own research to see what AI is in each product and whether they are single or multi-feed AI's, wax bait or not and etc.

When I came back to the stations for re-inspection this month I noticed First Strike's bait acceptance was better than Resolv. Alot better. What I mean by 'better' is a First Strike gel pack sitting right beside a Resolv gel pack was depleated, consumed, eaten (whatever you want to call it) way more than a Resolv pack. This was the case in nearly every station.

Now since both are claiming to be single feeding baits, I can only assume the rodents liked FS better. If Resolv was a single feed and FS was a multi-feed bait, I could see a reason why there were only nibbles on Resolve packs when a FS pack beside it was completely eaten. But, unless I read wrong, both are indeed single feed AI's, so I stand by my first estimate that FS is more attractive than Resolv. Having said this, Resolv in stations by itself was consumed well, so I will continue to use it.

Let me add that when the temp is cold, the FS packs become brittle and break in half when placing on the rods in stations and make a mess. This is almost a deal breaker when in cold weather conditions. The other products did not break, so they have at least one plus over FS imo.

I'll have results from Brigand later this week. I'm curious to see how it stacks up to the other two products. Brigand was alot cheaper, so I'm hoping it's good.

Anyone else have any results with any products?
Chris H
Posted: Thursday, December 13, 2012 10:17:36 PM

I just checked my results at a warehouse bordering some RR Tracks. I did a Resolv vs Contrac comparison for mice and Norways. On average, the stations with the most action had 100% consumption of the resolve and about 50% of the contrac gone. I have yet to try First Strike.
gopherkiller
Posted: Tuesday, December 18, 2012 12:16:50 PM

Your findings are consistent with what we are finding here in California also!

Joseph Wilson, Owner All Pro Pest Control inc., Los Angeles CA.
Lance Griggs
Posted: Saturday, December 29, 2012 11:41:24 PM

Wanted to give an update on these three SB's. We've had a very bitter cold snap here, and the rodents have been having a feild day in my stations. My initial impression of Resolv has improved alot. Most outside stations (which I'm supposing are being hit by field mice more than anything) are showing acceptance at least on par with First Strike. But I still think Liphatech should address the cold temp breaking of their FS packs. It becomes a crumbly mess when placing them on the station rods.

Brigand still seems to be third afa actual nibbles and appearent consuming of the bait. I wil note that at least in houses, attics etc Brigand has been hit on heavily by what I'd assume to be mostly house mice. So imo there's good reason imo to have an arsenal of more than one bait in your truck

I'll give one last update on the subject in a few weeks.
KERRY JONES
Posted: Sunday, January 06, 2013 9:41:15 AM

FS has a high acceptance level to rodents but it has a issue of hardening in cold temps. I have used them all. Rodent activity in our service area is high and dominant. Very AG and rural here. By far FS is great to use on a clean out initial, then you could switch to another for maintenance, but recently we have been trying Fastrac and IMO it has a great longevity and very weather durable especially in cold temps.
Miles
Posted: Thursday, April 11, 2013 11:53:04 PM

As you are not able to solve the issue on your own then calling a pest control agency is a must for now because the situation seems a little different as many of the effective solutions are not working for solving the problem.

IPM Services Toronto