Secret Site Map
Sunday, September 21, 2014
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics

rodent tips>? Options · View
PAUL WESTBY
Posted: Wednesday, February 20, 2013 9:23:15 PM
Groups: Member

Just sold a new account today, a warehouse full of dog food. Rat heaven, they are feasting to their hearts content and the inspection revaled a medium to heavy population. i already have a game plan here, not good resolution of the problem by a tech from on of the nationals, but poor acceptance of traps and baits. Anyone have any suggestions as to how you would tackle this problem?
RICHARD ALEXANDER
Posted: Friday, March 01, 2013 5:10:48 PM

You have a very tough battle with food, so I would go to water. Rats need a lot of drinking water. I would find a way to eliminate any drinking sources. Then I'd prebait with clean drinking water in my chosen spot. It sounds farfetched but rats cannot jump out of an empty dumpster. We have trapped many many rats inside of them by using 2 X 4 ramps to let them in and out during prebaiting. Then on catch day don't leave them a ramp out of the dumpster. No kidding, you may catch a couple dozen in one day.

Another way is to soap foam all potential burrows to flush the nesting rats out. The termite foamers work well for indoors. Keep it more liquid, not dry. I have also flushed rats with 3-6-10 using Actisol during roach cleanouts. Be ready, they really bolt fast! A cage trap works good in front of burrows.

The most important thing is that we protect our client and the food product. If you have to, come in at night and snap trap them after watching awhile. You'd be amazed at the evening traffic.
JEFFEREY LEDFORD
Posted: Saturday, March 02, 2013 11:35:28 PM

Once you establish their travel paths, use Detour gel along those areas, and go heavy on the T-Rex rat size snap traps. You will catch loads in the first 24 hours. Being exposed to the gel will make them lose trap shyness and you will get a quick knockdown.
A Carshalton
Posted: Friday, March 15, 2013 12:04:27 PM

Sounds like a very tricky problem, their might be some articles on our site which could help : merlinenvironmental.co.uk/get-rid-of/rodents/

I hope your problems are solved soon :)

Posted: Sunday, March 17, 2013 3:26:18 PM

Have you initiated the process of exclusion? Are the rats living outside and coming in to feed? Find the holes, seal the holes and use exterior perimeter bait stations. I have had good results with Generation Mini, Maki Mini and Weatherblok. Inside, I would use at least a few dozen strategically placed snap traps, with just enough peanut butter to leave a scent. Remember to set at 90 degree angles to walls.

New River Pest Control LLC
Radford, VA
www.newriverpest.com
PAUL WESTBY
Posted: Thursday, March 28, 2013 12:08:27 PM

update on this account making good progress and having success thus far. put out m325 traps with hersheys chocalate syrup and caught 6 rats the first week. Terminix trex traps with peanut butter had not caught any previously. Also went with liquatox and 30 helland baiters,and the rats are taking it. well on the way to solving the problem. thanks for tips.