Secret Site Map
Sunday, December 21, 2014
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics

Cluster Flies Options · View
Thomas Kalcas
Posted: Sunday, March 03, 2013 8:04:39 PM
Groups: Member

I'm looking for some seasoned advice regarding treatment for cluster flies. A client
has a problem with them in an attic of a larger commercial building.
Thank you in advance for any help.
RICHARD ALEXANDER
Posted: Tuesday, March 05, 2013 4:56:28 PM

Hi Thomas - like the attic of a converted house or is it like the plenum of a drop ceiling that you would find in a typical office building?
Thomas Kalcas
Posted: Tuesday, March 05, 2013 5:18:33 PM

Hi Richard,

Thanks for responding ... It is an exposed roof line ( from the inside ) i.e rafters and plywood.

Thomas
RICHARD ALEXANDER
Posted: Friday, March 08, 2013 9:59:29 AM

I'd use Vector single bulb traps. Typical for us is about four per thousand square feet. Have the property manager install electrical outlets for you (not allowed to have extension cords per fire dept.). Aim them inwards from the four corners. Check weekly at first and then back off to twice monthly as indicated by activity.

We use more traps than most companies, and they are included with the monthly service charge like you would with Tin Cats. The more traps you install, the better the results because you increase glue (BTW setting extra glue traps near Vectors doesn't help much).

If you sell the Vectors to your customer; the cost can be prohibitive, they usually buy too few to do a good job, and then they think they don't need you anymore (kinda like a Nebraska cheerleader haha).

Our season in Colorado ends March 31st. We remove the equipment in April when we do the general pest service. Back at the shop we clean, replace bulbs and box them up for next year's invasion.

C-fly math: 4 Vectors = $1000 1 hour of labor $150 X 6 months = $900 add them up and divide. My example is $317 monthly during C-fly season. You will have your actual numbers since we prolly aren't allowed to set prices here.

Miles
Posted: Friday, May 31, 2013 6:47:53 AM

Well such cases are not simple to solve as proper attention must be given on every area, so it is important to contact to such services that are best for pest control.

IPM Services Toronto