Secret Site Map
Friday, July 25, 2014
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics

Apprenticeship companies? Options · View
Posted: Saturday, March 02, 2013 11:00:41 PM
Groups: Member

I been wanting to work in pest control for years. I keep going in circles. I fill out countless apps with no good news. Right now im stuck being a truck driver and its making things more difficult.

What do I need to do to get things rolling in the right direction?
JEFFEREY LEDFORD
Posted: Saturday, March 02, 2013 11:33:27 PM

Where are you located?
Posted: Sunday, March 03, 2013 11:34:14 PM

My address on my license is in Jackson, TN. I basically live in my truck, I drive all over the country though. Was going to try and buy a house near where I could get a job. Heard Louisiana and Florida where probably my best bets.

Im running circles though getting no answers from applications, no idea why. I really want this, been wanting it a long time. I think me being an over the road driver at the moment is making it much harder.
RICHARD ALEXANDER
Posted: Monday, March 04, 2013 4:17:45 PM

Hey Truck Driver;
Are you meeting the people face to face when you are applying? As you probably know this is a people business. Your first impression goes a long way toward getting a pest control career started. If the company can see that you are basically the kind of person that they like, you stand a better chance.

I encourage you to choose our industry. You have already shown the ability to work without constant supervision, find your way anywhere, solve any problem; and work a job while looking for your chosen career. You made a smart move coming to this website so can learn some of the methods and products. Stay upbeat, you'll make it.

Posted: Saturday, March 16, 2013 12:00:37 AM

Thanks alot! Well im figuring im start making portfolio on how serious i'am about this industry. Ordered truman's guide to pest control and atm taking the classes online threw the PCT website.

Any other suggestions? I do appreciate the advice given so far.