Secret Site Map
Wednesday, October 22, 2014
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics

New Start Up, Liability Ins Options · View
Posted: Saturday, March 09, 2013 11:27:12 AM
Groups: Member

I'm in the planning stages to go out on my own as an independent owner/operator and trying to do so on a shoestring budget from personal cash.
My current hurdle is getting a quote for Liability Ins. My State requires proof, prior to licensing, but everywhere I look seems to be for current companies, requesting Licence #, Gross Receipts, etc....
A L.I. premium can make or break my budget for getting started. Any suggestions for a Noob?

New River Pest Control LLC
Radford, VA
www.newriverpest.com
Brandon Bradshaw
Posted: Monday, March 11, 2013 7:16:27 PM

I'm not sure if it matters what state you're in, but I had no problem getting insurance. I use this company: http://blasingameins.com/ and my agent is Dan Whareham. Just to give you an idea on pricing, I paid less than $60/month for my first few years w/ $1 million liability.

Brandon Bradshaw

Seattle, WA
Posted: Sunday, March 17, 2013 3:36:28 PM

Brandon Bradshaw wrote:
I'm not sure if it matters what state you're in, but I had no problem getting insurance. I use this company: http://blasingameins.com/ and my agent is Dan Whareham. Just to give you an idea on pricing, I paid less than $60/month for my first few years w/ $1 million liability.

Thanks, Brandon. I'll check them out. Ironic that you are from Seattle. I started in this industry in Seattle 4 years ago for one of the big national companies and moved back to Virginia Sept. 2011 (with a transfer) after 14 yrs in Seattle.

Aaron

New River Pest Control LLC
Radford, VA
www.newriverpest.com
Shane Westerman
Posted: Thursday, March 21, 2013 9:04:55 PM

Try Lipca insurance. There website is http://www.lipca.com/ Its what my company uses and you can get coverage started before you get the license
Matt
Posted: Tuesday, March 26, 2013 9:25:50 PM

Good luck with he start up! I use Todd Whitley with State Farm. Rates will vary from company to company but i like to go with who i trust and who makes it easy to deal with. Pocomos was featured on PCT a few months ago. They offer free mobile pest control software for start ups. www.pocomos.net
advancedipm
Posted: Wednesday, June 19, 2013 5:33:28 AM

I guess you are running a pest management company, i must say that's a great start and you would also have got many of ideas from the replies. I would just wish you best of luck for your business and keep up the good job.

Thank You!
Advanced IPM
Explore Our Sacramento Pest Control Services