Secret Site Map
Sunday, October 26, 2014
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics

Bed Bug Detectors Options · View
Brandon Bradshaw
Posted: Friday, June 21, 2013 1:47:53 PM
Groups: Member

With all the bed bug detectors on the market claiming to be the latest and greatest, has anyone found one that they believe works well?

Brandon Bradshaw

Seattle, WA
Thomas Kalcas
Posted: Sunday, June 23, 2013 4:01:11 PM

Hi Brandon,

I have been using Climbup Insect Interceptors for number of years and trust it far more than anything else on the market as far as passive detection devices. Tried Verify in vacant hotel rooms and apartment buildings and it worked well but the price point is much higher. For occupied rooms Climbup is the best in my opinion.
In multifamily dwellings where the owners are reluctant to treat or pay for a detailed inspection of units adjacent to the one we are hired to treat, we will install Climbup interceptors and specify in the contract that if any presence of bed bugs is detected during out visits, and the owner does not hire us to treat that unit, the guarantee for the unit we treated is voided.

Hope that helps.

Thomas
Brandon Bradshaw
Posted: Monday, June 24, 2013 11:34:03 PM

Thomas Kalcas wrote:
Hi Brandon,

I have been using Climbup Insect Interceptors for number of years and trust it far more than anything else on the market as far as passive detection devices. Tried Verify in vacant hotel rooms and apartment buildings and it worked well but the price point is much higher. For occupied rooms Climbup is the best in my opinion.
In multifamily dwellings where the owners are reluctant to treat or pay for a detailed inspection of units adjacent to the one we are hired to treat, we will install Climbup interceptors and specify in the contract that if any presence of bed bugs is detected during out visits, and the owner does not hire us to treat that unit, the guarantee for the unit we treated is voided.

Hope that helps.

Thomas

I never cared much for the Climb-up Interceptors. The seemed to break way too easily and also many beds don't have posts anymore. Maybe we should give them another shot though.

Brandon Bradshaw

Seattle, WA
Thomas Kalcas
Posted: Monday, June 24, 2013 11:42:00 PM

They often crack on carpeted surfaces. To avoid that I will place a book etc. under it. For bed frames with legs larger in diameter than the inner "chamber" i will use "converters" - a piece of round stock about 3 inch high and place bed frame on top of that.

Thomas
Thomas Kalcas
Posted: Monday, June 24, 2013 11:43:29 PM

Btw, you place them under bed frame legs. Most beds are placed on bed frames.

Th