Secret Site Map
Sunday, April 20, 2014
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics

Exacticide and Hobo Spiders Options · View
Josh McCloud
Posted: Friday, July 26, 2013 11:47:00 AM
Groups: Member

Hey Guys,

First post here, I started an "Natural, Organic Pest Control company" over a year ago and I am constantly researching new methods/products to provide better service to my customers.

Anyways, I just purchased an Exacticide and wondering how you guys like it? I am extremely excited to be able to use more dust since my organic sprays don't have a long residual (if any). I am waiting for the exacticide to come in, but would love to hear how you guys apply it, how much is needed to dust a home etc...

I live in Montana, and we have major hobo spider infestations here. Its an unbelievable amount of hobo spiders, which is what propelled me to start a business out here. I can literally find them in every single home (usually at least a dozen funnel webs around the yard/home). I have pretty good success using the natural oils as a contact spray, dusting voids and using glue boards for control. However, due to the shear numbers and my exclusion of synthetic sprays... it can be quite difficult to get 100% control. At least a couple make it past the defenses which is enough for a call back. I am excited to use the exacticide to help combat these bastards.

Anyways, Would love to hear your experiences with Hobo spiders.

Thanks for reading!
James Harrison
Posted: Friday, July 26, 2013 6:21:37 PM

What dusts are you planning to use in it?

http://www.applevalleypest.com/
Jeff Ledford
Posted: Friday, July 26, 2013 11:35:58 PM

Just be thorough. I have one, and I have used Eco EXEMPT (now Essentria) dust and Mother Earth dust. I used it for nearly everything, which cut my chemical costs substantially - as we all know, dusts are cheaper, last longer, you don't have to worry about them sitting overnight in a tank or freezing, etc.

Just be thorough. Don't cut corners and charge accordingly.
James Harrison
Posted: Saturday, July 27, 2013 3:52:01 PM

Jeff Ledford wrote:
Just be thorough. I have one, and I have used Eco EXEMPT (now Essentria) dust and Mother Earth dust. I used it for nearly everything, which cut my chemical costs substantially - as we all know, dusts are cheaper, last longer, you don't have to worry about them sitting overnight in a tank or freezing, etc.

I have one as well, but I do find it to be messy. Where I really like it is for using granules, so much better then a spreader.

http://www.applevalleypest.com/
Josh McCloud
Posted: Sunday, July 28, 2013 3:49:58 PM

wrote:
What dusts are you planning to use in it?

I use Diatomaceous Earth and EcoPCO DX Dust. I am experimenting with a couple other dusts as well (we will see how they work).
Josh McCloud
Posted: Sunday, July 28, 2013 3:59:57 PM

Jeff Ledford wrote:

Thanks for the response Jeff. Do your customers like you using the dust? Do you get any complaints on messes from the application? Have your callbacks been reduced?

Have your liquid applications gone down? If so, what do you spray for that you can't dust?

Thanks!

Jeff Ledford
Posted: Monday, July 29, 2013 8:34:47 AM

HoldFast wrote:
Jeff Ledford wrote:

Thanks for the response Jeff. Do your customers like you using the dust? Do you get any complaints on messes from the application? Have your callbacks been reduced?

Have your liquid applications gone down? If so, what do you spray for that you can't dust?

Thanks!

Anticipating a potential dust mess, I keep a paint brush in the kit to brush dust into cracks I also have a small B&D rechargeable vacuum, just in case.

Customers don't care much what you use, as long as the problem is controlled. I have found that when I explain what the dust really is, that it's ground up diatoms and not synthetic chemical they appreciate it.

I have and will spray when treating for bed bugs, although I dust, too. Essentria IC3 and Essentria bed bug aerosol knocks down live ones QUICK. But I have dusted for roaches, ants, spiders, hornets - just about everything I used to spray for.