Secret Site Map
Saturday, July 26, 2014
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics

Exclusion Advice Options · View
Josh McCloud
Posted: Friday, July 26, 2013 11:54:41 AM
Groups: Member

Does Anyone have add on services for Exclusion services i.e. rodent/pest proofing?

1.) Any tips on sealing baseboards in a carpeted room?

2.) Do you include it in your pricing for general pest control or have separate fees?

3.) Do your techs do the exclusion work or do you have a carpentry guy on staff?

I use excluder, steel wool, acrylic caulk to do minor repairs.. does anyone recommend any other products?

Also, any recommondations for vacuums for vacuuming up spiders/webs etc...

Thanks!
Mickey Ferrell
Posted: Friday, July 26, 2013 2:48:47 PM

1. have fun spending time sealing interior holes. We only offer the service on the exterior footprint. If you get into sealing interior holes it is never ending. Stop them outside, no need to worry inside.

2. Extra, and required for rodent coverage on PC service.

3. Both, Techs handle most, unless there is a lot of wood work. Then we send staff carpenters because they have the correct tools

Hope this helps
Josh McCloud
Posted: Friday, July 26, 2013 3:20:30 PM

Thanks Mickey, that is very helpful. It does seem like a daunting task to seal up all the holes on the interior.

James Harrison
Posted: Friday, July 26, 2013 6:23:38 PM

I would recommend just using a webster/spider web tool, its much quicker and makes 0 noise.

http://www.applevalleypest.com/
Josh McCloud
Posted: Sunday, July 28, 2013 4:06:00 PM

wrote:
I would recommend just using a webster/spider web tool, its much quicker and makes 0 noise.

I was interested in using the Vacuum, because you can physically remove all the insects (instead of leaving dead ones in the customers residence), removing the webs because Female spiders will leave pheromones in them (which is important for Hobo Spider control). Mating season runs from Aug-Oct when male Hobos are seeking mates and shelter. Also, reduce chemical/product cost and use a more IPM friendly approach.

I spoke with a sales rep for Atrix, and the Atrix Buck Sucker Backpack Vacuum seems like a good option. A little more pricey than I had hoped though.