Secret Site Map
Friday, August 01, 2014
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics

Fleas Options · View
James Harrison
Posted: Saturday, August 10, 2013 1:07:36 PM
Groups: Member

What materials do you guys use for fleas. Especially in the basement with a concrete floor.

http://www.applevalleypest.com/
EcoProJeff
Posted: Saturday, August 10, 2013 6:18:36 PM

Fleas should not be out in the open on a solid floor like concrete or hardwood or the like. Concentrate efforts there on cracks and crevices and expansion joints. Otherwise, use Precor 2000 premise spray or a similar product with an adulticide and IGR combined. However, your treatment is just part of the process.
James Harrison
Posted: Saturday, August 10, 2013 6:53:20 PM

The house is vacant, I used Tempo SC Ultra mixed with Nyguard. Homeowner wants no fleas now, but it hasn't been a week since I treated it. I am following up this coming week.

Dylan Morrison
Posted: Saturday, August 10, 2013 11:16:24 PM

I absolutely hate the vacant house scenario for flea treatments. I love that there is no clutter or pets to deal with, but there is virtually nothing stimulating pupa to emerge for pesticide exposure.

Last vacant house I did was all hard woods. I treated to kill the adults present . I then came back with a vacuum (with beater bar) and vacuumed the entire house to help encourage as many adults possible to emerge from the pupal stage prior to my second treatment. Fleas "gone now" is typically not practical unless your heating or steaming ( and even then not always a sure bet). Our customer protocol clearly outlines that a second emergence is likely 2 weeks after initial treatment, but residual from the initial treatment should be sufficient in controlling the newly emerged adults. Educate your customer so she has realistic expectations and everyone will be happier. Just my opinion.

As for your original question, I use a microcap, an EC and an IGR for my flea control cocktail. And I'm also a big fan of precor 2000

Dylan Morrison A.C.E.
City Wide Exterminating
Pest Control Charlotte NC
JEFFEREY LEDFORD
Posted: Sunday, August 11, 2013 1:23:30 PM

I read years ago that permethrin + precor was the best for flea control. Not sure there is any permethrin labeled for this anymore. I also used to add Kicker to my mix for quick kill of adults. Dylan is right - it just takes time. I always told customers to follow the vacuuming protocol and we would not retreat until 21 days after initial treatment. As long as vacuuming protocol is followed, we seldom had retreats.
Posted: Thursday, August 29, 2013 4:12:38 AM

The pest sprays are the best option to get rid off fleas easily so try best quality of pest killers.

Pest control solutions
James Harrison
Posted: Thursday, August 29, 2013 7:38:14 PM

wrote:
The pest sprays are the best option to get rid off fleas easily so try best quality of pest killers.

Huh?

DENNIS BENSON
Posted: Friday, August 30, 2013 8:38:23 AM

You read my mind, James...
Brandon Bradshaw
Posted: Friday, August 30, 2013 2:59:56 PM

We've switched to using Dragnet mixed with an IGR (Surge w/ Nylar). I feel like we get better results with this mixture compared to Precor or other aerosols.