Secret Site Map
Wednesday, October 01, 2014
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics

Mole treatments Options · View
Posted: Friday, March 28, 2014 10:50:05 PM
Groups: Member

I'm wondering how some of you price your mole treatments. I'm using taliprid.
For some reason I've never been comfortable with pricing these jobs. Even when I was using no mole traps. I guess its a matter of how to handle revisits.
Any input is appreciated.
Lenny

www.shorelinewildlife.com
Chris Chytka
Posted: Saturday, March 29, 2014 9:22:15 PM

I feel the same way when doing a mole job. When it comes to bait I usually just charge a standard $65(all depends on size of job) service call plus cost of bait. When it comes to using traps I start with a service call $65(depends of size of job). Then every time I have to come back and check traps its a small additional charge per visit. Easily can make 5-6 trips a week. In our small community people don't have the expendable income for pest control so our prices have to reflect on that.

Posted: Sunday, March 30, 2014 8:49:14 AM

Thanks Chris for the advice/info.
Your right, everyone's area weather it is economically, weather wise or physical characteristics is different. So are our businesses.
I got away from the traps because of the loss from landscapers, (no moles) and difficulty in pricing.
I'm thinking this year I want to charge a inital fee going in and treating. $250-$350 and the X amount of dollars for follow ups. I'm not sure how to do the follow ups. Have them call me when they see damage?
It would be so much easier to just sell a seasonal contract.
Mole customers seem to be higher maintenance than other types of work. At least compared to animal work, bats, squirrels etc.

www.shorelinewildlife.com
Posted: Friday, April 25, 2014 10:16:22 AM

Here in GA. we are charging anywhere from $200-$500 depending on the size of the job. Moles can be difficult to treat and sometimes can take quite a bit of time.

We have been using Talpirid Worms and something called Whole Control, which is environmentally friendly castor oil. The links are there if you guys want to check them out.

Whole Control Seems to help get the stubborn ones out of the area if they do not take the Talpirid worms. Using these two product together have given us the best results in my own opinion.

We have tried using the Talpirid Mole Traps before but it requires the technician to take more time so we have stopped using those for now.
Posted: Wednesday, June 18, 2014 11:52:57 AM

I live in Indiana and usually charge between 250 on up to 1000 depending on the size and number of moles. I also use talprid bait and have great success. Ive been in the business for eight years now been a small business owner for 3. I place the talprid in a few runs and put a marker flag out to keep track of the placement. Then i return a week later and push all the runs down. Then i wait about two days and come back all new runs i repeat until no moles exist. I find you can also break the worms in two to save costs. Hopefully this helps.
Posted: Monday, June 23, 2014 10:39:31 PM

wrote:
I live in Indiana and usually charge between 250 on up to 1000 depending on the size and number of moles. I also use talprid bait and have great success. Ive been in the business for eight years now been a small business owner for 3. I place the talprid in a few runs and put a marker flag out to keep track of the placement. Then i return a week later and push all the runs down. Then i wait about two days and come back all new runs i repeat until no moles exist. I find you can also break the worms in two to save costs. Hopefully this helps.

Spoke to the manufacturer a year ago and they say if the entire worm isn't eaten by the mole forgetta bout it... There may be less than 6-10 moles and charge accordingly. Drop the entire worm in the hole. Moles are mammals & learn from indigestion and a bad dinner. I like the flag/marker idea. The landscaper (grass mower) guy doesn't

“You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose. You're on your own. And you know what you know. And YOU are the one who'll decide where to go...” Dr Seuss
RONALD KEEHFUS
Posted: Tuesday, July 22, 2014 6:54:34 PM

Used the baits (worms) in the past.Found time consuming and not in all cases a renewable agreement. Went with spraying repellents on regular schedule services like pest control and works out great & more productive. Great an initial cost to start than a regular fee.
Posted: Friday, August 01, 2014 3:01:51 AM

Yeah using worms are the best way to catch those moles ive done it tons of times theyre hard but it works..

Miller Enviro Care