Secret Site Map
Sunday, December 21, 2014
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics

FLEAS! Vacant House, no more Catalyst. Options · View
Posted: Monday, July 07, 2014 6:54:46 PM
Groups: Member

Hi! I have used catalyst on fleas for years on my vacant houses and now that is gone. What do you all recommend on what to do now? Ive tried Onslaught, I have tried zenprox and now have tried Alpine with little results due to their being no activity in the empty house to make the pupae come out to the adult stage. I know a harsh chemical can kill the Pupae stage of fleas and was hopeful for any help you all could give! Thanks!
Dylan Morrison
Posted: Friday, July 11, 2014 7:57:12 PM

wrote:
Hi! I have used catalyst on fleas for years on my vacant houses and now that is gone. What do you all recommend on what to do now? Ive tried Onslaught, I have tried zenprox and now have tried Alpine with little results due to their being no activity in the empty house to make the pupae come out to the adult stage. I know a harsh chemical can kill the Pupae stage of fleas and was hopeful for any help you all could give! Thanks!

You're right, vacant homes are tough. When ever I go to one I bring an old vacuum that has a beater bar. I vacuum everywhere to stir them up and try to get as much as the pupa to emerge as possible. As far as chemicals, we make a 'flea cocktail' using an EC (like Zenprox) (to cut the carpet pile) a Microcap (like Onslaught) for emerging adults post treatment and an IGR (like Precor). Hope this helps and good luck!

Dylan Morrison A.C.E.
City Wide Exterminating
Pest Control Charlotte NC
Posted: Friday, August 01, 2014 3:04:44 AM

I hate doing vacant homes but that method works well ive done it before and it worked wonders.

Miller Enviro Care
Posted: Monday, August 11, 2014 8:15:04 AM

I agree, an empty home can contain what not kind of pests and we need to more careful to avoid health problems. You need to be careful, cause many germs and dust mites lurking in cushions and carpets can be deadly. My uncle suffered a lot two years back for ignoring precautionary approach. Look for more info on carpet water damage and other threats.
Posted: Monday, October 20, 2014 3:12:29 PM

To be effective, we believe flea treatments should encompass the following 3 steps:
1. Treating the home
2. The yard (especially the back yard)
3. Your pet, to prevent re-infestation of the home
Preparation is vital to obtaining optimal flea elimination. If you have a severe flea problem, you may need to contact a professional pest control company. Read more here:
http://www.biotechpest.com/houston-flea-control/