Secret Site Map
Monday, November 24, 2014
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics

Guarantee or Warranty on termite inspections Options · View
JEFFEREY LEDFORD
Posted: Saturday, December 15, 2012 3:25:16 PM
Groups: Member

I've been reading and noticing that many inspectors will give a 1 year warranty on a "clear" termite inspection. I simply cannot wrap my mind around how any trained and knowledgeable inspector could do that.
Mickey Ferrell
Posted: Saturday, December 15, 2012 7:59:14 PM

I think a lot of businesses are moving toward a model that resembles an insurance company. If you were to generate 1000 termite inspections and had to provide treatments for a small percentage you are ahead.

We allow a new homeowner to purchase an inspection/warranty at our renewal rate on "clear" letters within 30 days. Sure it would be nice to sell them a termite treatment but they are likely out of the termite market for 4-5 years because many misunderstand what a wdo inspection actually is. So 5 years of inspections is revenue that is otherwise lost and leads to a other sales.
TODD BOICH
Posted: Monday, December 17, 2012 10:50:59 AM

It amazes me that an NPMA-33 states that there is no implied warranty but in New Jersey there is an implied 6 month warranty, though it written nowhere. Just because? I've asked for proof yet no one can ever produce it.
JEFFEREY LEDFORD
Posted: Monday, December 17, 2012 3:51:13 PM

We all know - and the inspection forms even state - that there can be termite activity in obstructed areas. Knowing that there can be termites active in a structure without any visible evidence present on the inspection date, I would not be willing to give away any warranty. I know it's a numbers game, but it also implies poor inspections if termites are found later, especially if it's another company who does not offer warranties on their inspections. (hope I was clear and you all understood that) It's like saying "My inspections are better because I warranty them", when in fact it may not be that way. To me, it plays on the lack of knowledge of the consumer.
Mickey Ferrell
Posted: Tuesday, December 18, 2012 12:16:53 PM

I agree.
Miles
Posted: Friday, May 10, 2013 7:07:28 PM

I do agree with the statement given by Jefferey. Activity of termites is controllable but taking an action accordingly is more important, so warranty of inspections is a term that denotes making your place safe and secure from termite action even when detected in unusual locations.

IPM Services Toronto
PAUL WESTBY
Posted: Friday, May 17, 2013 10:22:32 AM

I am quite sure that terminix did an actuarial analysis of homes and determined that for 340 per year they could give warranties on inspections and the revenue would exceed the cost of treatments and damage repair for ones that went the wrong way. Just sayin, and people can more readily afford 340 vs the cost of a treatment.
VERN MORRIS
Posted: Friday, May 17, 2013 2:52:36 PM

I would check with your insurance carrier before pursuing this. Most will not cover damage for a warranty if the stucture is not treated to the label specifications.Brick wall