Secret Site Map
Saturday, November 01, 2014
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics

Recommendations to Find Customers for a new business Options · View
Aaron G.
Posted: Saturday, May 11, 2013 1:41:24 PM
Groups: Member

Any successful Owners have any tips or insights for a new start-up to find customers? I've started networking with local Chamber's, Main Street Orgs and guerrilla marketing on social networking with less than desirable results. My next steps are to hang around Farmer's Markets as well as start pounding pavement and canvassing door to door in neighborhoods. Any other tips or insights?

Aaron G.
Owner/Operator
New River Pest Control LLC
Radford, VA

http://www.facebook.com/NewRiverPestControl
www.newriverpest.com
Thomas Kalcas
Posted: Saturday, May 11, 2013 4:07:13 PM

Aaron,

I have tried most of the things you have tried with similar results. Having SEO of my website done by a reputable ( trial and error, mostly error, lol ) company was a game changer. Door to door as well as "door hangers" was probably the least effective and the most expensive.
Service Magic was an expensive joke ... most of the calls came from renters who want to know "how much it will cost " but will NEVER pay for it . Arguing with Service Magic staff about refunds for those calls became another drain on my time and energy ( should have dumped them months earlier ).

Thomas
Posted: Monday, May 13, 2013 12:15:49 PM

I have done a lot of advertising, that just comes with the business when you first start. I have just been contacted by the owner of this site. http://www.ratedpestcontrollers.com/

They are offering free listings on their directory for a short period. just added mine.
Miles
Posted: Friday, May 17, 2013 7:45:34 PM

Getting a customer completely depends on the how well are your networking skills. The steps you have adopted till not are good but promoting your business in the area where this problem occurs often must be targeted to show some proper experience of your services. Also getting your business listed in local searches on the web will be beneficial in making good customers.

IPM Services Toronto