NORCROSS, Ga. – The Georgia Pest Control Association has announced its scholarship recipients for 2012.
The students are children of GPCA members representing pest control companies throughout Georgia.
The scholarships are funded by a share of proceeds from the annual GPCA Charity Golf Tournament. Each student is an entering freshman, and will receive $500. The winners below:
- Natali Herrmann, daughter of David Herrmann, president of Aant Termite & Pest Control, Peachtree City. Natali will attend the University of Georgia, majoring in music therapy.
- Janalyn Dennard, daughter of Derrick Dennard, inspector with Active Pest Control, Stockbridge. Janalyn plans to attend Georgia Highlands College and later transfer to the University of Georgia to complete her degree in fashion merchandising.
- Maggie Tindol, daughter of Chuck Tindol, owner of Allgood Pest Solutions, Atlanta. Maggie will attend the University of Georgia. She is an exercise and sports science major with hopes of becoming a physical therapist.
- Russell Tindol, son of Mike Tindol, vice president of Allgood Pest Solutions, Atlanta. Russell will attend the University of Georgia, and will continue in his passion for cycling and work with cancer survivor groups during college.
- Savannah Mitchell, daughter of Laurie Higginbotham Rice, manager and co-owner of American Pest Control, Athens. Savannah plans to attend the Savannah College of Art and Design, and will pursue a teaching degree.
- Stephanie Brady, daughter of Tina Brady, partner and corporate secretary at Duncan Exterminating, Dawsonville. Stephanie will attend Young Harris College and plans to pursue an elementary teaching degree.
- Haley Pilgrim, daughter of Sylvia Pilgrim, training coordinator with Orkin. Haley will attend Kennesaw State University, and plans to major in graphic design and wishes to pursue a career in advertising.
- Kyle Whitlock, son of Robbie Whitlock, accounting specialist at Northwest Exterminating, Marietta. Kyle will major in business management at Georgia Highlands College.
- Casey Cook, son of Jimmy Cook, district manager at Northwest Exterminating Company, Marietta. Casey plans to attend the University of West Georgia, where he plans to become a Spanish translator.
- Alex Davis, son of Wayne Davis, technician at Cook’s Pest Control, Rome. Alex will attend the University of Georgia, pursuing a major in pharmacy.
- Moira Richards, granddaughter of Tom Diederich (retired) of Orkin, Atlanta. Moira will attend the University of Georgia, and plans to major in history.
- Kristin Wilbur, daughter of Kelley Wilbur, secretary at WPM of Georgia, secretary at WPM of Georgia, Dallas. Kristin will attend Kennesaw State University, and plans to major in physical therapy.
In 1986, GPCA honored Glenn Burnett by establishing a member scholarship in his name. Burnett served as Executive Director for GPCA for almost 20 years. GPCA has awarded 108 scholarships. The next GPCA Charity Golf Tournament is scheduled for August 7 at Hampton Golf Village, Cumming. For more information, call the GPCA offices at 770-417-1881.