Goddard, a highly regarded pest management industry speaker and associate extension professor of medical and veterinary entomology at Mississippi State University, will headline the two MGK M.I.S.T. Conferences, Feb. 9 in San Antonio, Texas, and Feb. 23 in Tampa, Fla.
MINNEAPOLIS, MINN. – Dr. Jerome Goddard, a highly regarded pest management industry speaker and associate extension professor of medical and veterinary entomology at Mississippi State University, will headline the two MGK M.I.S.T. Conferences, Feb. 9 in San Antonio, Texas, and Feb. 23 in Tampa, Fla.
M.I.S.T. – an acronym for Misting Insecticides Solutions & Technology – is an intensive one-day seminar devoted exclusively to the misting market, one of the fastest-growing segments of the pest management industry. “Due to the recession, PMPs had a challenging year in 2009,” observed Kevin Caskey, Business Director, Branded Products, MGK, but those forward-looking companies that diversified into the mosquito market fared better than most, providing a valuable add-on service to both new and existing customers.
Goddard, who is also a clinical assistant professor of preventive medicine at The University of Mississippi Medical Center, Jackson, Miss., will discuss “The Public Health and Medical Importance of Mosquitoes.” Additional topics on the agenda of the M.I.S.T. Conference include:
• State of Industry — The current state of the misting market
• Pyrethrum Update — An overview of the worldwide pyrethrum supply situation, including a review of the political, cultural, economic and agronomic trends influencing pyrethrum availability.
• Regulatory Update — Learn more about the known and potential changes in regulations which will affect the installation, use and servicing of misting systems.
• Active Ingredient Education — An overview of active ingredients used in misting systems, as well as a review of specific attributes and characteristics of the most commonly used insecticides and the practical aspects of their use. This discussion will include resistance management and best practices when using these actives in misting systems, as well as new products being developed for misting systems.
• Liability Exposure & Management — Understand potential liability exposure and liability management practices. Includes a discussion of potential risks mosquito misting companies face and practical methods to reduce technician exposure.
• “Green” Mosquito Control — Discussion of the opportunities and challenges of “green” mosquito control, along with product handling characteristics of 25b products and their effectiveness.
• Mosquito Misting to Mosquito Control — How to expand your business from a misting company to a mosquito control company by offering add-on services for homeowners. Speakers also discuss ways to approach alternative pricing and fee structures as well as integrated approaches to pest management for the homeowner.
• Q&A Panel — A chance for attendees to question all of the presenters and open up discussion to the entire group of mosquito misting professionals.
MGK’s M.I.S.T. Conference is designed to be the industry’s one-stop location for all of the latest news and technology advancements in the mosquito misting market. The company has been a manufacturer of quality insect control products since 1902. The family-owned supplier offers such well-known brands as Riptide® Waterbased Pyrethrin ULV, Sector® Misting Concentrate and Vampyre® Misting Concentrate.
Cost of the one-day seminar is $30 per person, which includes continental breakfast and lunch. To register, call 800/456-0707, visit www.mistconference.com, or e-mail email@example.com. To learn more about MGK’s product line, including the company’s mosquito misting products Riptide, Vampyre and Sector, visit www.mgk.com.