The position involves providing technical services to association members.
FAIRFAX, Va. — The National Pest Management Association (NPMA), Fairfax, Va, is seeking an entomologist to join its team. Reporting to the Director of Technical Services, the staff entomologist is an integral part of providing technical services to association members. The position includes the following responsibilities:
• Answering inquiries from pest management firms on topics ranging from insect identification to operations assistance
• Writing for NPMA’s print and electronic publications (such as PestWorld, ePestWorld and others)
• Coordinating the development of new educational materials, including traditional and online learning content
• Presenting at industry meetings
• Representing the industry at external meetings
• Interacting with other NPMA departments, such as public relations, industry communications and government affairs, on technical topics
• Developing creative new ideas and strategies for NPMA to serve its members
• Ability to handle multiple projects and travel (20 percent)
Successful candidates will possess a bachelor’s degree or advanced degree (Ph.D. preferred, but not required) in entomology or a science related to pest management. Candidate must be well-versed in the field of entomology and structural pest management. Recent graduates are welcome to apply. Preference will be given to candidates with experience in the pest management industry. NPMA offers excellent benefits; salary is negotiable based on experience. The position is based at the NPMA headquarters in Fairfax, VA. Send resumes to email@example.com or mail Jim Fredericks c/o NPMA, 10460 North Street, Fairfax, VA 22030.