Secret Site Map
Wednesday, July 30, 2014

Home News Ohio Home Burns Down During Bed Bug Treatment

Ohio Home Burns Down During Bed Bug Treatment

Bed bugs

Fire officials in Cincinnati say a two-family home was destroyed when a heater being used to kill bedbugs set a carpet on fire.

| May 18, 2011

CINCINNATI — Fire officials in Cincinnati say a two-family home was destroyed when a heater being used to kill bedbugs set a carpet on fire.

The house was being treated Sunday by an exterminator who says he gets rid of the pests by raising a home's temperature to 135 degrees using propane heaters. Residents are told to leave and remove anything flammable.

Cincinnati Fire District Chief Glenn Coleman says the carpet was ignited by one of six heaters inside the home. The fire went undetected until a neighbor saw smoke pouring from the house.

The pest control owner/operator, Richard Tyree, blames an equipment malfunction for the fire and tells The Cincinnati Enquirer he's never had a problem before. He says his company has insurance.

Source: MSNBC

Top news

Cook’s Open House Showcases State-of-the-Art Training Facilities

Residential and commercial training centers provide hands-on educational opportunities in a “real-world” setting for technicians and sales personnel.

Bed Bugs Turn Up in Senate Office Building

The pests were found on the sixth floor of the Dirksen building last week, causing officials to take emergency measures such as closing off a restroom for a couple of days with yellow police tape, the Daily Caller reports.

'Super Ants' Discovered in London

An invasion of super ants that are attracted to electricity is feared to be spreading across the south of the country after a large nest was discovered in a house in London, metro.co.uk reports.

Mayor Dies After Wasp Attack

The mayor of a Quebec, Canada community died of anaphylactic shock after after being attacked by wasps while on vacation.

ESA Announces Newly Certified ACEs — July 2014

The Entomological Society of America (ESA) announced 16 new Associated Certified Entomologists.