The scholarship is awarded to one female interested in advancing or securing a career in the pest management industry.
FAIRFAX, Va. — Professional Women in Pest Management, an affiliate group of NPMA whose mission is to attract, develop and support women in the pest management industry through educational programs, resources and peer networking, is announcing their Annual Scholarship for one female interested in advancing or securing a career in the pest management industry.
This scholarship may be used by the recipient to defer costs related to advancing their education and/or career in the pest management industry. The scholarship will be a minimum of $1000. It also includes $500 towards travel expenses to attend the National Pest Management Association's PestWorld 2013 in Phoenix, Arizona in October 2013.
The scholarship will be awarded during the Professional Women In Pest Management reception at PestWorld on Wednesday, October 23, 2013. The successful recipient(s) will be notified by August 15, 2013.
Deadline for submission: July 1, 2013
1. Female currently employed in pest management industry
2. Minimum of 2 years experience in the industry
To be submitted:
1. Resume with work experience outlined in the pest management industry
2. Essay (to be no more than 2 pages long (500-1000 words, see below)
3. 2 letters of recommendation (sealed and signed by author)
1. What future changes as a female do you anticipate in the pest management industry?
2. How does your practical experience or interest in advancing your career in the pest management industry qualify you for this scholarship and how will the scholarship money enable you to further your career?
Letters of recommendation should comment on the student's goals and motivation and answer the following questions:
1. Does the applicant have a strong interest in the pest management industry?
2. What steps has the applicant taken to prepare/advance her career in the pest management industry?
Scholarship recipient will be required to submit an article (no more than 500 words) to PWIPM within 90 days of receipt outlining the benefit of the scholarship, how the funds will be used and progress being made in her career objectives.
Submit all required documents in one envelope by the July 1, 2013 deadline to:
Dominique Stumpf, CMP
Professional Women in Pest Management
10460 North Street, Fairfax, VA 22030