The company was founded by J. Edwin Sameth.
PARSIPPANY, N.J. – Western Pest Services, a New Jersey-based pest control company with branches throughout the Mid-Atlantic, began its 85th year of business earlier this year. Since its founding in 1928, Western Pest Services has provided high-quality pest control to consumers and businesses throughout the Eastern United States. The company continues to pride itself on the same values of founder J. Edwin Sameth, striving to achieve customer satisfaction while delivering the best trained staff and technologies in the field.
“From our humble beginnings in Newark, New Jersey, Western Pest Services has grown into one of the most well-respected pest control companies in the industry,” said Tom Walters, president of Western Pest Services. “We are proud to celebrate this important anniversary in the history of our company and are grateful to our customers for allowing us to service their needs for the last 85 years. We look forward to what the next 85 years have in store for not only our business, but the pest control industry as a whole.”
Significant dates in the history of Western Pest Services:
• 1928 – Western was founded by J. Edwin Sameth. The company name "Western" was literally drawn from a hat.
• 1950 – The National Pest Control Association (NPCA), predecessor to the National Pest Management Association (NPMA), selects J. Edwin Sameth as president.
• 1983 – The company embraces Integrated Pest Management (IPM) as it develops pest elimination programs specific for the health care, schools and food processing industries.
• 1986 – Western establishes its fumigation division.
• 1998 – www.westernpest.com is launched
• 2004 – One of the largest privately owned firms in the pest control industry, Western is acquired by Rollins, Inc. As a wholly-owned subsidiary, Western gains access to even more resources to best serve its customers.
• 2010 – Western engages in social media with the launch of its own Facebook, Twitter and YouTube pages