RESEARCH TRIANGLE PARK, N.C. – Environmental Science, a division of Bayer CropScience LP, has announced the launch of FFAST Bti – a larvicide with proprietary “Film Forming Active Spray Technology” which controls mosquito larvae up to 300 feet from low volume (LV) and ultralow volume (ULV) spray equipment.
FFAST technology retards evaporation of micronized spray droplets due to a special alcohol film that forms around each aqueous droplet within seconds after application. Because the droplets last longer, they carry farther, providing control at up to three times the range when compared to other Bti applications.
“FFAST Bti will enable applicators to be more effective and efficient, saving both time and money,” said Gordon Morrison, Vector Business manager for Bayer Environmental Science. “We’ve taken Bayer technology that’s proven to enhance the effectiveness of adulticides and applied it to the first ever Bti larvicide designed for ULV application. Bayer is dedicated to developing solutions that help professionals control mosquitoes in the most effective and sustainable way possible.”
Some of the other key benefits of FFAST Bti include:
• A naturally occurring larvicide, safe for use in sensitive environments
• Fast control within 24 hours
• May be used “neat” or diluted with water
• More efficient method of larviciding to treat hard-to-reach larval habitats
• Can be applied by ULV and LV equipment as well as backpack or handheld compressed sprayers
• The only Bti that comes with the promise and reliability of the Backed By Bayer Program
For more information on FFAST Bti, call a local ADAPCO representative, visit www.BackedbyBayer.com, or call Bayer Customer Service at 1-800-331-2867.