PHILADELPHIA – Seven pest management professionals are D.C.-bound after being chosen to win a free trip to NPMA's Legislative Day 2014, courtesy of FMC Corporation. Entries were collected online and during PestWorld 2013 in Phoenix, with the winners drawn randomly at PestWorld by NPMA Executive Vice President Bob Rosenberg. The winners will receive airfare, registration and a two-night hotel stay. They are:
• Rodney Allman, Envirosafe, Belmont, NC
• Keith Birkemeyer, ProBest Pest Management, Gilbert, AZ
• Dan Bradbury, Viking Pest Control, Bound Brook, NJ
• Roger Graham, Arrow Exterminators, Broken Arrow, OK
• Doug Lardner, Doug the Bug Termite & Pest Control, Clearwater, FL
• Tim Leatherman, Perfect Pest Control, Union, KY
• Lawrence Plecha, Biotec of NM Inc., Albuquerque, NM
“There is no better way to support our industry than to attend Legislative Day," said Bethwyn Todd, FMC. “We congratulate the winners and look forward to joining them in D.C., as we work together to address the issues impacting pest management professionals."
NPMA's Legislative Day provides an annual opportunity for pest management professionals to speak to federal lawmakers on the issues affecting the industry. According to NPMA, many lawmakers presiding over committees that directly affect pest management are new to Congress so next year's event will provide a great opportunity to forge new relationships and influence future legislation. In 2013, more than 400 pest management professionals attended. Legislative Day 2014 will be held March 9-11, 2014 at the Capital Hilton in Washington, D.C. Find information at www.npmapestworld.org.