EDMONTON - Trying to quell an infestation of bed bugs led to the multi-million dollar fire that forced scores of people from their homes. The $4.5-million fire broke out in downtown Edmonton on July 12.
About 50 residents were not allowed back in their suites after the blaze.
Investigators say the fire was sparked by a propane-fuelled heater being used to exterminate an infestation of bed bugs in a fourth-floor suite.
The tally includes damage to a neighboring mosque and apartment building.
The investigation continues.
Source: Toronto Star