LAWRENCEVILLE, N.J. — BedBug Central has released a tentative speaker list for its annual North American Bed Bug Summit. With 24 speakers, this year’s summit will represent one of the largest gatherings of bed bug expertise and leadership under one roof.
Officially titled, “BedBug University: North American Summit 201l” the summit has been expanded to three days and will take place Sept. 25-27 at the newly renovated Hyatt Regency O’Hare in Chicago, Ill. During the three-day summit, attendees will hear the latest research and actionable strategies for bed bug control, legal protection, treatment cost containment, and much more with a level of depth never before provided in a single summit.
According to Phil Cooper, president and CEO of BedBug Central one of major objectives for this summit is ensuring that attendees and experts have an unprecedented opportunity to share information in a one-to-one or small group setting while offering a larger-than-life atmosphere.
“As we developed this summit and began recruiting speakers we really wanted to break the mold of smaller and less-comprehensive conferences,” said Cooper. “This year we focused on tearing down the speaker/audience relationship and created specific events where attendees can speak with experts about the issues that are important to their unique concerns.”
Cooper also revealed that the summit development team recently increased the number of participating entomologists and bed bug experts from 18 to 24 to ensure opportunities for attendee interaction. You can find a tentative list of attending experts below or by visiting http://www.nabedbugsummit.com/summit/index.php/speakers/
Tentative List of BedBug University: North American Summit 2011 Speakers
• Dr. Michael Potter, University of Kentucky
• Dr. Changlu Wang, Rutgers University
• Dr. Dini Miller, Virginia Tech
• Dr. Rudolf H. Scheffrahn, University of Florida
• Dr. Jody Gangloff-Kaufmann, New York State IPM Program at Cornell University
• Dr. Coby Schal, North Carolina State University
• Dr. Joshua Benoit, Yale University
• Dr. Kenneth Haynes, University of Kentucky
• Dr. Philip Koehler, University of Florida
• Dr. Stephen Kells, University of Minnesota
• Dr. Susan Jones, Ohio State University
• Richard Cooper, Rutgers University Ph.D. Candidate and BedBug Central
• Jeffrey White, M.S., BedBug Central
• Gail Getty, M.S., University of Cal. Berkeley
• Richard Naylor, University of Sheffield (international)
• Peter Trentacoste, Northern Kentucky University
• Christian Hardigree, Parnell and Associates, University of Nevada, Las Vegas
• Oliver Madge, CEO, British Pest Control Association
• Wayne Walker, University of Florida
• Brian Taggart, A&C Exterminating Corp.
• Premier Special Guest
• Two Pending Experts
To achieved greater interaction between experts and attendees, the BedBug Central team has expanded the Q&A sections of all 16 of the specialized three-hour sessions; created a “Night Out with the Experts” event; and developed unique industry/sector breakout sessions in which attendees will be able to speak with experts as small groups in a round table format.
Additionally, to further increase interaction, BedBug Central has brought back EXPOCentral which will feature over 70 bed bug product manufactures and its premier, free Beer Tasting Reception in which attendees will be able to mingle with speakers, industry experts, manufacturers and other attendees while sampling a variety micro-brews.
Like last year’s summit, this event is expected to reach capacity quickly with Early Bird registration rates set to expire April, 15. Save time and money by registering now. For more information about the BedBug University: North American Summit program, or to register, visit http://www.nabedbugsummit.com.