Brother Mobile Solutions introduces the the PocketJet 673, a full-page, direct thermal mobile printing solution. The PocketJet 673 delivers direct thermal printing solutions compatible with only iPhone and iPad mobile devices?? Sleek, lightweight and durable, it utilizes an ad-hoc Wi-Fi connection between the iOS device and the printer to produce high resolution, 8 ½ x 11 documents for printing either in an office environment or by professionals in the field.
As part of the release strategy, BMS will engage independent software vendors (ISVs), value added resellers (VARs) and enterprise application developers to fully customize the PocketJet 673, enabling integration with enterprise applications running on iPhone and iPad devices. BMS will provide technical direction, a software development kit (SDK) and the command reference guide to fully integrate the innovative printing solution. By utilizing PocketJet 673 participating ISVs, VARs and enterprise application developers will have the opportunity to expand their current range of services, helping them become more competitive in the vast and growing field mobility markets utilizing the iPhone and iPad.
“As the popularity and demand of the iPhone and iPad grow beyond the consumer spectrum and into the enterprise world, companies are finding increasingly innovative ways to integrate iOS devices into their field operations,” said Ravi Panjwani, vice president of Marketing and Product Management for Brother Mobile Solutions. “The PocketJet 673 is the first mobile thermal printer specifically designed for use only with an iPhone or iPad that delivers fast, full-page documents from virtually any location with an ad-hoc WiFi connection. It helps eliminate the time and costs associated with printing from a fixed location and gives Apple® iOS users an operational efficiency they didn’t have previously.”
Part of the Brother PocketJet series, the PocketJet 673 features the same compact design, fast, high-resolution output, and reliable performance that have made the series a leading choice in public safety, field service, route accounting, utilities, insurance and home healthcare vertical markets. The PocketJet 673 is durable, simple to operate and easy to maintain in the field, and will allow businesses to streamline operations and help realize a return on investment. Features include:
• Print speeds up to 6 pages per minutes (ppm)
• Full- page letter, legal, A4 and continuous page printing means more customized information with larger fonts and graphics.
• Low maintenance costs due to highly reliable direct thermal technology that uses fewer moving parts than other printing technologies.
• Low consumable costs as there are no ink or ribbons to replace.
• Wide variety of media options, including printing on thermal cut sheet, continuous roll, and perforated roll.**
• Wide range of connectivity options, including USB and WLAN ad-hoc.
• 300 dpi resolution. • Support for major linear and 2D barcodes.
For more information visit www.pocketjet6.com.