PHILADELPHIA, Pa. - The Environmental Protection Agency is holding free Integrated Pest Management training for multi-family housing on Tuesday, Sept. 12, at the EPA's Mid-Atlantic Region office, the agency announced.
The course will cover:
- Using the least toxic and most effective measures for pest control.
- How to manage pests within a housing community using strategies that pose no risk or minimum risk of pesticide exposure to vulnerable, sensitive and disabled populations, including infants and children, the elderly, pregnant women and people with chemical sensitivities.
- The major health risks posed by common pests, including the connection between asthma, cockroach and mouse allergens.
- The biology, behavior and at least two least-toxic control measures for each of the pests covered in the training.
- Contacts and solutions when pest control problems develop.
The course is scheduled for 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.The Mid-Atlantic Region office is at 1650 Arch St., Philadelphia, Pa.