|Players from Suwannee High School. Image courtesy of FMC Professional Solutions.|
Each of the five schools won 10 bags of Talstar XTRA, featuring FMC's Verge technology, a new product that offers fast elimination of fire ant mounds and season-long protection, FMC said.
"Football and fire ants don't mix," said Adam Manwarren, turf and ornamental product manager for FMC. "But before Talstar XTRA, there was no quick way to get rid of mounds before a game. Now, sports turf professionals can eliminate mounds within 15 minutes and enjoy season-long control through broadcast treatments."
Talstar XTRA is not a restricted-use product, so any grounds professional can apply it, and is on many state "approved products" lists, FMC reports.
The following schools won the contest:
- Suwannee High School, McAlpin, Fla., courtesy of Live Oak Pest Control
- Keller Independent School District, Keller, Texas
- Richard J. Reynolds High School, Winston-Salem, N.C.
- Oviedo High School, Oviedo, Fla., courtesy of Massey Services
- Leon County Schools, Jacksonville, Fla., courtesy of McCall Service
Learn more about Talstar XTRA here.