CARLISLE, Ky. – A woman trying to get a handle on her bed bug infestation accidentally destroyed much of her apartment complex on June 29, displacing around 30 residents, according to LEX 18 in Kentucky.
Firefighters said the woman doused her couch in alcohol in order to oust the bed bugs. She later dropped a lit cigarette, starting the blaze, according to LEX 18.
The fire destroyed several apartments and displaced about 30 people. Residents inside the apartment complex made it out, and about four people were treated for smoke inhalation, but there were no more serious injuries.
Read the full story here.
Source: LEX 18