Hoffman's Exterminating, Mantua, N.J.
Harlow Pest & Sanitation Control, Edmonton, AB Canada
Learn more about this program at https://www.npmaqualitypro.org.
ATLANTA, Ga. - Rollins, Inc. executives, members of the board of directors and guests visited the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE) on Friday and rang The Closing Bell to commemorate the company’s 50th anniversary of trading on the NYSE. In honor of this event, the company hosted an Analyst Day and an exhibit in Experience Square, located outside the NYSE.
To mark the occasion, R. Randall Rollins, chairman of the board, and Henry B. Tippie, lead director, participated in The Closing Bell ceremony. These two men made history at the NYSE, sharing the distinction of being the only two directors present for a company’s initial listing and its 50th anniversary. Rollins, Inc. is the 204th longest listed company on the NYSE.
R. Randall Rollins said, “This is a great achievement for us. We are proud of our heritage, including remaining at the forefront of the pest control service industry since acquiring Orkin in 1964. In the past 50 years, Rollins has grown from a few U.S. operations to a premier global consumer and commercial services company with more than 700 operations in 55 countries.”
Henry B. Tippie stated, “It is an honor to represent Rollins at this ceremony. During the past half century, the Company has changed tremendously, moving from the media communication industry to becoming the world’s pest control leader. The company has built its success on never losing sight of its founding principles of integrity, hard work, innovation and dedication, which has benefitted its customers and employees. I am extremely privileged to have been a part of this journey.”
• In 1964, Rollins acquired Orkin for $62.4 million with reported sales of $37 million. In fiscal 1969, Rollins reported revenues of $106.3 million. At the end of fiscal 2017, the Company reported revenues of $1.7 billion.
• In 1995, Orkin established its domestic franchise program, and in 2000, Orkin launched its first international franchise. Today, Orkin has 84 international franchises represented in 55 countries.
• In 1999, Orkin acquired Canada’s leading pest control company, PCO Services, now Orkin Canada. Since that time, the Company has become the parent of 18 leading pest control brands providing termite and pest control services to commercial and residential customers worldwide.
• In 2001, the Company established the Rollins Learning Center, a multi-million dollar hands-on training facility in Atlanta. Its state-of-the-art interactive distance learning system reaches employees worldwide. In 2017, Training magazine recognized Rollins, Inc. for the 12th time for the quality, commitment and investment in training its employees.
• For the past 20 consecutive years, Rollins has enjoyed increasing revenues and profits, and for the last 16 years, the Company’s Board of Directors has approved yearly dividend increases by a minimum of 12 percent. Additionally, Rollins has declared a special dividend for the past six years.
Gary W. Rollins, vice chairman and chief executive officer of Rollins, Inc. stated, “We are indeed proud of Rollins’ achievements during the past 50 years. We attribute our success to the numerous contributions of our past and present employees who embrace our mission to be the world’s best service company. We are committed to enhancing value for our shareholders, and we are all enthusiastic about our Company’s future. We are also committed to providing excellent service for our customers, while offering more security and opportunities for our employees. We believe our dedication to these principles will enable Rollins to achieve growth and prosperity now and well into the future.”
WASHINGTON, D.C. -- U.S. small-business owners are more optimistic now than at any point in the 15-year history of the Wells Fargo/Gallup Small Business Index. In the latest quarterly survey, which measures small-business owners' attitudes about a wide variety of factors affecting their businesses, the overall index score is +118. This is higher than prior 2018 measures -- with Quarter 2, 2018, at +106 and Quarter 1 at +107. The index now sits just above the record-high +114 from 2006.
The improvement in the index, based on interviewing conducted July 11-18, 2018, is driven by overall increases in most of the areas that make up the score, with record-high readings on several of these individual metrics. The biggest improvements compared with the second quarter of 2018 were found on the following items, most of which are now at high points in their trends:
SARASOTA, Fla. — EcoClear Products will be revealing its new RatX Bait Discs at the 2018 PestWorld convention.
RatX Bait Discs patented formula works specifically by targeting the unique digestive systems of rats and mice. Once ingested, dehydration commences causing blood thickening and circulatory collapse. Rodents then become lethargic, retreat to the burrow, lapse into a coma and die. RatX Bait Discs are safe around people, pets and wildlife, according to the manufacturer.
“RatX is the safest way to effectively control and kill rats and mice and is very effective," said Christopher Stidd, president of EcoClear Products.
Learn more at www.ecoclearproducts.com.
RALEIGH, N.C. — The North Carolina Chapter of the Professional Women in Pest Management (NC PWIPM) has launched the Administrative Professional of the Year Award. Nominations are now being accepted online and through the mail until Sept. 30.
NC PWIPM is a committee of the North Carolina Pest Management Association (NCPMA).
Individuals may be nominated by their colleagues or managers or self-nominated for their outstanding service, superior performance, exceptional efficiency, integrity and dedication to their fellow employees and their companies.
“There are so many outstanding administrative professionals throughout the pest management industry, and we want to recognize the efforts that they put in daily for their companies, employees and customers,” said Marie Horner, board member of NCPMA. “We are thrilled to launch this new award, which will recognize and spotlight their contributions to their companies and the industry.”
This award will be presented to the administrative professional that best demonstrates the following characteristics:
• Customer service-oriented both internally and externally
• Commitment to the company’s purpose
• Current, full-time administrative support staff members
• Has worked in his/her current position for at least two years
One winner will be chosen and will be recognized at the 2019 Pest Control Technician’s (PCT) School in Durham. The winner will receive a plaque, a $250 gift card and a one-night stay at the 2019 PCT School with a gift card to cover expenses for the trip.
Nomination forms are available on the NCPMA website at https://www.ncpestmanagement.org/membership/member-benefits/administrative-professional-year