Norcross, Ga. — Seven lucky recipients will receive $1,000 each from the Georgia Pest Control Association scholarship fund. The students are children of GPCA members representing pest control companies throughout Georgia.
In 1986, GPCA honored Glenn Burnett by establishing a member scholarship in his name. Burnett served as executive director for GPCA for almost 20 years. Since the inception, GPCA has awarded 100 scholarships to the children of its members children. To date, $94,000 has been awarded.
Totally funded by a share of the proceeds from the annual charity golf tournament, the scholarship has grown in recent years to seven $1,000 awards. Recipients are children of GPCA members who are pursuing a higher education in Georgia. The winners are:
- Spenser Allen Burch, son of Jerome Burch, a pest control technician for more than 20 years with Armor Exterminating, Augusta. Spenser will attend the Georgia Tech where he plans to study bio-medical engineering.
- Alexandra Arnold, daughter of Karin Arnold, office manager for four years with Allgood Pest Solutions, Lawrenceville. Alex plans to attend Georgia Southern and will major in art.
- Alexandria Tate, daughter of Yolanda Tate, administrative staff for five years with Northwest Exterminating, Dallas, Georgia. Alex will attend Georgia State University, majoring in business and accounting.
- Brandon Fowler, son of Lisa Fowler, general manager 16 years for A & A Exterminators, Powder Springs. Brandon will attend Kennesaw State University majoring in natural sciences and computing systems.
- Tyler Kimbrel, son of Tommy Kimbrel, owner three-plus years, Crisp Exterminating, Cordele. Tyler will attend the University of Georgia, majoring in business administration.
- Macy Corbin, daughter of Rex Corbin, owner/operator for six years of Rex’s Pest Control, Ellijay. Macy plans to attend Georgia Tech, majoring in environmental and/or medical engineering.
- Luke Tindol, son of Chuck Tindol, owner, vice president for 19 years of Allgood Pest Solutions, Atlanta. Luke plans to attend the University of Georgia.
The scholarship committee is comprised of the GPCA chairman of the board (Chuck Carney, Cook’s Pest Control), secretary/treasurer (Dennis Judy, Allgood Pest Solutions), member at large (Stuart Sinyard, Adams Exterminating) and the GPCA executive director. Deadline for applications is April 15 each year. Applications are available at the GPCA website, www.GPCA.org.