Richfield, Ohio — The PCT Media Group, a leader in structural pest industry communications, is pleased to announce the release of the Mallis Handbook of Pest Control, 10th Edition. This leading reference source for the pest control industry is a scientific guide and practical aid for the biology, behavior and control of structural pests.
The 1,500 page publication, often referred to as “The Bible of the Industry,” provides PMPs with the information needed to deliver effective, environmentally conscious pest management services in today’s competitive business climate.
“Arnold Mallis had a vision back in the 1940s to bring detailed information regarding structural pests to the pest control industry. This 10th Edition of the Handbook of Pest Control published 66 years after the 1st edition continues his vision and passion for structural entomology and the urban pest management community,” said Stoy Hedges, editorial director for the 8th, 9th and 10th editions.
“As the industry’s leading reference book for more than half a century, the Mallis Handbook of Pest Control has played a key role in the educational development of the pest management industry,” said PCT Publisher Dan Moreland, who served as editor of the book. “The 10th edition of this important publication represents the most comprehensive effort to date, and continues the tradition of excellence envisioned by industry legend Arnold Mallis in 1945.”
Written in easy-to-understand language, the Mallis Handbook of Pest Control features more than 600 photographs and insect illustrations, including comprehensive insect keys and an expanded color photo identification section.
The publication includes 24 chapters written by today’s leading entomologists, consultants, pest management professionals, and university researchers. Chapters include:
- Rats & Mice by Dr. Robert Corrigan
- Cockroaches by Dr. Coby Schal
- Termites by Dr. Michael Potter
- Wood-Decay Fungi by Fred Strickland, Jr.
- Wood-Boring Beetles by David Saunders
- Ectoparasites, Part One: Fleas & Lice by Dr. Nancy Hinkle and Dr. Faith Oi
- Ectoparasites, Part Two: Mites & Ticks by Dr. Jerome Goddard
- Ectoparasites, Part Three: Bed Bugs & Kissing Bugs by Richard Cooper
- Itches, Illusions & Phobias by Anthony Borski
- Fabric & Museum Pests by Jay Bruesch
- Ants by Dr. Karen Vail and Dr. David Oi
- Stinging Arthropods by Dr. Steven Sims
- Stored Product Pests by Jeff Weier
- Flies, Gnats & Midges by Dr. Hanif Gulmahamad
- Mosquitoes by Dr. Marc Slaff
- Spiders by Richard Vetter
- Vertebrate Pests by Scott McNeely
- Occasional Invaders & Overwintering Pests by Frank Meek
- Insecticides & Pesticide Safety by Dr. Gary Braness
- Fumigation by Dean Stanbridge
- Pheromones by Alain VanRyckeghem and Patrick Kelley
- Equipment by Judy Black
- Legislation, Liability & Litigation by Gene Harrington
- Integrated Pest Management by Jeff Tucker
“The most recent edition was designed to be more user-friendly than past editions,” Moreland said. “Every chapter has been fully updated and revised by a distinguished group of industry professionals to reflect the latest thinking on the behavior, biology and control of household pests. The 10th Edition of the Mallis Handbook of Pest Control should be on every pest management professional’s bookshelf.”
Pre-publication price is $143 with discounted pricing for multiple books and ends August 15, 2011. After August 15, 2011 the price is $179 per book. Shipping begins Oct. 10, 2011, and domestic shipping is free with all pre-publication orders. To order, call a PCT Store representative at 800/456-0707 or visit www.mallishandbook.com or the PCT Bookstore.