ST. LOUIS — Pest management professionals looking for low-toxicity alternatives to solve ant and roach problems can turn to BASF Pest Control Solutions’ new Prescription Treatment brand Alpine Ant and Alpine Cockroach Gel Baits.
“These new gel baits represent our next step in expanding the Alpine line of products which already includes nonrepellent pressurized and dust formulations,” said Nick Tresslar, marketing manager, BASF Pest Control Solutions.
Both baits feature the Reduced Risk active ingredient dinotefuran and bait matrices that are free of the Big Eight allergens, BASF Pest Control Solutions reports. (Dinotefuran, the non-repellent active ingredient in Alpine insecticides, has been granted Reduced Risk status for public health use by EPA.)
BASF says other product benefits include:
Alpine Ant Gel Bait
- Works great alongside Termidor termiticide/insecticide and Phantom termiticide-insecticide
- Low toxicity with low percent active ingredient
- Gel formulation stays moist
- Can be used outdoors and indoors including food handling areas
Alpine Cockroach Gel Bait
- Works great alongside Phantom
- Starts killing roaches within hours
- Attractive to bait averse cockroaches
- Can be used in food handling areas
- Available in reservoir or piston can
To learn more about the Alpine gel baits or to request Big Eight allergens literature, please contact your sales representative or visit www.pestcontrol.basf.us.