PCT and Syngenta recognized the 2013 Crown Leadership Award winners at NPMA PestWorld 2013, in Phoenix, in October.
The awards spotlight individuals who have contributed positively to the growth and development of the structural pest control industry, as well as established ties with fellow business leaders, civic groups and customers in their local communities.
This is the 25th consecutive year in which Syngenta has partnered with PCT for the awards.
“It’s with great pride that we recognize 25 years of giving thanks to the many great men and women in this industry who give tirelessly of themselves for the success of their organizations, the benefit of the pest control industry and the betterment of their communities,” said PCT Publisher Dan Moreland. “Their passion is what keeps this industry moving forward.”
Syngenta’s Scott Reasons added, “It’s not just about the efforts they put forth every day as great businessmen and great influencers, but it’s the role they play as market shapers — those thought leaders that are really doing more for the industry than just impacting their immediate surroundings or their business. They are setting trends, and that is really what we look for with these honorees.”
The Leadership Class of 2013 includes:
- Gene Chafe, Senske Services, Kennewick, Wash.
- Pat Copps, Orkin Pest Control, Costa Mesa, Calif.
- Bob Dold Jr., Rose Pest Solutions, Northbrook, Ill.
- Scott Fortson, Terminix Service, Columbia, S.C.
- Ken Fredrick, Conquistador Pest & Termite, Tucson, Ariz.
- Deni Naumann, Copesan Services, Menomonee Falls, Wis.
- Roland Rhodes, Rhodes Chemical Co., Kansas City, Kan.
- Dr. Coby Schal, North Carolina State University, Raleigh, N.C.
If you know of a member of the pest management industry you would like to nominate for next year’s Crown Leadership awards, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.