Pi Chi Omega, the professional pest management fraternity, is currently seeking applications for its executive director position. Additional information regarding this position is available at www.pichiomega.org.
All applications must be received by Friday, June 26, 2015. Applications can be sent to the attention of Kim Kelley-Tunis, via email, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Pi Chi Omega is seeking an experienced and passionate individual with leadership and managerial skills to plan and execute the programs of this service fraternity.
Pi Chi Omega is a 501 (c) (6) tax exempt service fraternity committed to serving the interests of the pest management industry, with a focus on education. Pi Chi Omega was created and continues:
• to further the science of pest control
• to encourage and promote formal education of potential members of the pest control industry
• to cooperate with the National Pest Management Association and the various state and local pest control associations
• to obtain and distribute information that would be of value to members of the pest control industry
• to further public respect and confidence in professional pest control
• to further the mutual benefits and associations of the members of Pi Chi Omega by the holding of meetings for the presentation and discussion of reports on the investigations and experiences of the members in the field of pest control
The Executive Director has full responsibility for planning and executing the long range goals of the organization as determined by the Board of Directors and managing the operations of the association. The work of Pi Chi Omega is carried out by the Executive Director and Board of Directors which includes President, President Elect, Past President, Secretary, Treasurer, and 4 Directors. The Executive Director will be responsible for driving membership and building relationships within the pest management community.
Salary is negotiable, based on experience. Past expenditure was within the $4000 - $6000 range, plus expenses, annually. Limited overnight travel is required.
• Coordinate the activities of Pi Chi Omega and its committees including educational events, trade show (exhibition hall) participation, membership meetings/dinners (twice annually), Board meetings, etc.
o Coordinate two membership meetings annually. One of which takes place at PestWorld, the other a rotating dinner meeting in conjunction with a Regional Conference.
o Coordinates two physical Board of Directors meetings annually and conference call/webinar meetings as needed.
• Establish and maintain a sound organizational structure by coordinating and developing communication networks with board and committee members.
• Assume responsibility for the financial management of the day to day operations of Pi Chi Omega as well as scholarship accounts, in coordination with the Treasurer.
• Develop an annual budget for approval by the Board of Directors, in cooperation with the Board.
• Execute contracts and commitments (i.e. hotels conference centers, equipment, etc.) on behalf of PCO.
• Maintain all official records of Pi Chi Omega including financial and documentary files.
• Advise and make recommendations to the Board of Directors with respect to programs, finances, policies, etc.
• Maintain and develop membership services and programs.
• Work to increase membership.
• Prepare Board of Directors and membership meeting agendas.
• Develop communication for the membership via the web, newsletter and other social media outlets.
• Responsible for managing the content of Pi Chi Omega social media and websites.
• Maintain digital annual membership directory.
• Maintain the membership renewal process, including dues invoicing, dues payment and dues collection.
• Process all membership applications in a timely manner.
• Maintain and develop relationships with other organizations or government entities that will enhance the position of PCO and its membership.
• Be subject to an annual performance evaluation
• Coordinate with the Treasurer whose responsibilities will include:
o The overview of expenses for the organization
o Oversee long-term investments; manage long term investments in cooperation with the Executive Director
o 2 year term
Skills and Qualifications
• Pest Management or industry related experience preferred
• Association management experience preferred
• Website management skills preferred
• Experience managing social media such as Facebook and LinkedIn preferred
• Experience with project management and event planning
• Demonstrated Microsoft Office skills
• Communication and interpersonal skills
• Time management and organizational skills
• Communicate effectively both verbally and in writing
This job description is not an exhaustive statement of all the duties, responsibilities, or qualifications of the job, nor is it intended to limit opportunities for necessary modifications.