FAIRFAX, Va. — The Professional Women in Pest Management (PWIPM) announced its Annual Scholarship for one female interested in advancing or securing a career in the pest management industry. This scholarship may be used by the recipient to defer costs related to advancing their education and/or career in the pest management industry. The scholarship will be a minimum of $1000. It also includes $500 towards travel expenses to attend the National Pest Management Association's PestWorld 2011 in New Orleans, Louisiana in October 2011. The scholarship will be awarded there at the PWIPM reception on Thursday, Oct. 20, 2011. The successful recipient(s) will be notified by Aug. 1, 2011.
Deadline for submission: May 31, 2011
• Female currently employed in pest management industry.
• Minimum of 2 years experience in the industry.
To be submitted:
• Resume with work experience outlined in the pest management industry.
• Essay (to be no more than 2 pages long (500-1000 words, see below).
• Two letters of recommendation (sealed and signed by author)
• What future changes as a female do you anticipate in the pest management industry?
• How does your practical experience or interest in advancing your career in the pest management industry qualify you for this scholarship and how will the scholarship money enable you to further your career?
Letters of recommendation should comment on the student's goals and motivation and answer the following questions:
• Does the applicant have a strong interest in the pest management industry?
• What steps has the applicant taken to prepare/advance her career in the pest management industry?
Scholarship recipient will be required to submit an article (no more than 500 words) to PWIPM within 90 days of receipt outlining the benefit of the scholarship, how the funds will be used and progress being made in her career objectives.
Submit all required documents in one envelope by the May 31, 2011 deadline to:
Dominique Stumpf, CMP
Professional Women in Pest Management
10460 North Street, Fairfax, VA 22030