Teen Causes $300K Fire Trying to Kill a Bed Bug

Teen Causes $300K Fire Trying to Kill a Bed Bug

A 13-year-old boy tried to kill a bed bug by lighting it on fire, WCPO reported.

Subscribe
November 28, 2017
Bed Bugs
CINCINNATI — An apartment fire that caused nearly $300,000 in damage and displaced eight people was caused by a teen trying to rid his room of bed bugs, WCPO reported.

WCPO reported that the fire at the Hawaiian Terrace apartments started around midnight Wednesday when a 13-year-old boy tried to kill a bed bug by lighting it on fire, according to fire officials on the scene. His mattress caught on fire and quickly spread to the building's attic.

No injuries were reported.

READ the entire story.

Source: WCPO