By Harry D. Niemczyk, Ph.D., David J. Shetlar, Ph.D
ISBN 1-883751-14-4 | Published 2000 | Spiral-bound paperback | 148 pp | illustrated color photos
From two of the country's foremost authorities in turfgrass entomology comes a comprehensive, up-to-date, practical guide to destructive turf insects.
Destructive Turf Insects, 2nd Edition, by Harry D. Niemczyk, Ph.D. and David J. Shetlar, Ph.D., is the newly revised, definitive, practical guide to destructive turf insects for turfgrass owners, sports field managers, lawn service operators, golf course superintendents, students and others involved with turfgrass management.
Written in easy-to-read language and filled with photos and illustrations, Destructive Turf Insects, 2nd Edition provides accurate biological information, aids for diagnosis and identification of cool and warm season turfgrass pests and offers multiple approaches for their control.
Chapter organization leads the user to think about turf pests in relation to the segment of the turf environment which they occupy, providing a logical basis for selection of the appropriate approach to control when necessary.
The book, based on 50 years of collective turf entomology experience, is complimented by 447 color photos and 116 line illustrations. Destructive Turf Insects, 2nd Edition is a thorough and complete resource for anyone involved in turfgrass management.
- Pictorial Guides
- Soil-Inhabiting Insects – Grubs, Mole Crickets, Ground Pearls, Ants, Cicada Killers, Crane Flies
- Crown & Thatch-Inhabiting Pests – Sod Webworms, Billbugs, Annual Bluegrass Weevil, Cutworms, Armyworms, Chinch Bugs
- Leaf & Stem-Inhabiting Pests – Mites, Bermudagrass Scale, Rhodegrass Mealybug, Greenbug, Twolined Spittlebug, Frit Fly
- Principles of Controlling Soil, Crown, Thatch, Leaf and Stem-Inhabiting Pests
- Control Approaches and Programs
- Equipment, Methods, and Approaches For Detecting, Surveying, and Monitoring Turfgrass Insects
- Symptom Similarity