Attic Fire May Have Been Caused By Rodents
Firefighters say rodents may be to blame for an attic fire that broke out Thursday morning in Chic0, Calif.
December 11, 2009
Firefighters say rodents may be to blame for an attic fire that broke out Thursday morning in Chico. The fire was reported by a neighbor around 7:45am, after they saw smoke coming from the home. The resident told firefighters he heard a scurrying noise coming from the attic a few hours earlier, around 1:30 in the morning, and the power went out. Power was restored when the circuit breaker was reset. Then the fire broke out in the attic six hours later. Quick action by Chico firefighters kept the flames from spreading to the rest of the home.