Secret Site Map
Sunday, November 23, 2014

Home News Attic Fire May Have Been Caused By Rodents

Attic Fire May Have Been Caused By Rodents

Firefighters say rodents may be to blame for an attic fire that broke out Thursday morning in Chic0, Calif.

| December 11, 2009

Firefighters say rodents may be to blame for an attic fire that broke out Thursday morning in Chico.  The fire was reported by a neighbor around 7:45am, after they saw smoke coming from the home.  The resident told firefighters he heard a scurrying noise coming from the attic a few hours earlier, around 1:30 in the morning, and the power went out.   Power was restored when the circuit breaker was reset.  Then the fire broke out in the attic six hours later.  Quick action by Chico firefighters kept the flames from spreading to the rest of the home.

Source: KHSLTV.com

Top news

Bed Bugs Can Transmit Parasite that Causes Chagas Disease

A new study from Penn Medicine researchers in the Center for Clinical Epidemiology and Biostatistics demonstrated that bed bugs, like the triatomines, can transmit Trypanosoma cruzi, the parasite that causes Chagas disease.

Allergy Technologies Offers Free Liner Trial Program to PMPs

The program enables pest management professionals (PMPs) to evaluate ActiveGuard Mattress Liners in real world applications.

PCO Caldwell in Country Gospel Music Video

Ronnie Caldwell, president of Innovative Pest Management, Denver, N.C., is one of the stars of the new Bruce Hedrick video 'A Better Man.'

Mosquito-Borne Chikungunya Detected in Mexico

The country has detected its first domestic case of the painful mosquito-borne viral disease chikungunya in the southwest of the country, the state government of Chiapas said on Saturday.

Temp-Air Announces Thermal Remediation Bed Bug National Conference

The company’s 1st Bi-Annual Thermal Remediation Bed Bug National Conference will be held March 8-10, 2015 in Grapevine, Texas.

x