Heater Used to Eliminate Bed Bugs Causes Fire at Motel's Storage Shed

Heater Used to Eliminate Bed Bugs Causes Fire at Motel's Storage Shed

Last week, firefighters responded to a shed on fire outside of a Chattanooga, Tenn. hotel, WRCB reported. Employees with the motel told firefighters that they were using a heater in the shed in an attempt to kill bed bugs in motel furniture.

Subscribe
April 1, 2016

Chattanooga firefighters responded to a shed fire on Monday at the Chatt City Suites at 101 E. 20th Street. The shed was located next to the motel, and the flames were threatening to spread to the motel, WRCB reported.
 
Firefighters had to cut through a chain-link fence to get to the shed. The fire was quickly extinguished. No one was injured and the motel was not damaged.
 
Employees with the motel told firefighters that they were using a heater in the shed in an attempt to kill bed bugs in motel furniture. Captain David Thompson Jr. said the turnout gear (the coat and pants they wear inside to protect them from the fire) for four firefighters will have to be treated for possible infestation of bedbugs.
 
Source: WRCB