The family of recently deceased Elizabeth Ashbaugh is claiming her death was the result of a bed bug heat treatment, the Houston Chronicle reported. The family is suing Certified Termite and Pest Control, as well as the owners of the Houston apartment complex in which the 82-year-old woman resided, the Chronicle reported.
Elizabeth Ashbaugh’s family said the heat treatment caused the temperature in her apartment to rise to a scorching 139°F and ultimately kill her, they wrote in a negligence lawsuit filed in Harris County last week, the Chronicle reported.
According to the Chronicle, Elizabeth and her husband, William Ashbaugh, weren’t home when Certified Termite and Pest Control company treated their apartment in July 2017. Shortly after the company finished, however, the couple re-entered their house, and both began to lose consciousness.
Click here to read the entire article.
Source: Houston Chronicle