• Donald Volonte, Terminix International, Wilsonville, Ore.
FAIRFAX, Va. - The National Pest Management Association (NPMA) announced the selection of the Executive Leadership Program (ELP) class of 2020 participants.
“As proven with the previous three ELP classes, the curriculum presents a fantastic opportunity for these aspiring association leaders to grow professionally and personally. In turn, NPMA benefits by hearing fresh perspectives and establishing a pipeline of engaged members. It’s truly a win-win situation,” stated NPMA CEO Dominique Stumpf. “I look forward to working with this new group of participants and witnessing their many successes for years to come.”
The ten candidates of this class were selected through a rigorous application process. Applicants were selected based on broad criteria, which accounted for leadership potential, industry participation and commitment to professional development, among other factors.
The Executive Leadership Program class of 2020:
• Tim Bird, Mayday Pest Solutions, Cibolo, Texas
• Adam Brashier, Modern Pest Control, Katy, Texas
• Bridget Carr, Bug Express Pest Control, San Angelo, Texas
• Manuel “Manny” Guzman, Pestrol, Inc., New York, N.Y.
• William “Bill” Horgan, Debug Pest Control, Inc., Glocester, R.I.
• Trent Kucherka, ABC Home & Commercial Services, Lewisville, Texas
• Kaija Saarinen, Green and Gone Pest Solutions, Keewatin, ON, Canada
• Clint Sowle, Ecolab, Inc., Saint Paul, Minn.
• Trey Strickland, Waynes Pest Control, Birmingham, Ala.
During the two-year curriculum, candidates will participate in training sessions and courses designed to cultivate skills and knowledge essential to organizational leadership within NPMA and beyond. Training will encompass a range of competencies including: the history of NPMA and its plans for the future, industry trends and consumer insights, inclusion and diversity training, executive etiquette, public policy and legislative issue navigation and community engagement, along with skills related to strategic management and planning.
The Executive Leadership Program is an NPMA initiative designed to find individuals from all parts of the country who want to enhance the association and the membership experience. Applications for participation will be accepted on an ongoing annual basis. Visit www.npmapestworld.org/elp to learn about the program and applicant criteria or to complete an application for the 2021 class.