(Pictured, from left to right, Judy and Bob Dold accepting the Pinnacle Award from NPMA President Bryan Cooksey)
BALTIMORE – The National Pest Management Association (NPMA) presented its annual industry awards program today at PestWorld 2017 in Baltimore.
Highlights included the presentation of the NPMA Pinnacle Award to Bob and Judy Dold, longtime leaders of Chicago-based Rose Pest Solutions. NPMA’s Pinnacle Award is the association’s highest honor and it is presented annually in recognition of an individual for their outstanding contributions to both the NPMA and the industry.
In addition to leading the successful Chicago-based firm that boasts more than 100 employees, both Dolds served terms as NPMA President (Bob in 1984 and Judy in 2001) and have left their legacy in many ways. As NPMA President Bryan Cooksey noted, Bob Dold was NPMA president during a turbulent time in the association’s history. He was a steadying force who spent more than 180 days on the road visiting with members and helping the association “weather the storm.” Judy Dold, a former English teacher, is a champion of “paying it forward” and was the impetus behind the NPMA mentoring program, which has helped develop many future generation NPMA leaders and is still going strong today..
Other awards presented, included:
• Women of Excellence Award, sponsored by Target Specialty Products: Kim Kelley-Tunis, Rollins Inc., Atlanta
• Young Entrepreneur Award, sponsored by Rentokil: Sarah Thomas Clark, Thomas Pest Services, Albany, N.Y.
• 2016/2017 Committee of the Year: Diversity Committee
• 2016/2017 Committee Chair of the Year: Marty Overline (of Pests Vets Committee), Aardvark Pest Management, Philadelphia
• ACE Professional Award: Alan Feuer, staff entomologist and technical Director, Preventive Pest Control, Albuquerque, N.M.