ATLANTA – Five food processing and pharmaceutical facilities were named winners of the 2018 IPM Partner Awards co-presented by Orkin, The IPM Institute of North America and global public health organization NSF International. The winners, selected by an Awards Jury comprised of esteemed experts in the pest management and food safety industries, were honored for their dedication to and success in their Integrated Pest Management (IPM) partnerships with Orkin.
“The 2018 IPM Partner Awards winners have demonstrated the greatest commitment to sustainable IPM programs,” said Orkin Technical Services Manager Tim Husen, Ph.D., BCE. “These facilities serve as an example for all audited manufacturing companies, and we want to honor and reward their dedication.”
IPM is an environmentally responsible pest management approach that emphasizes multiple methods of non-chemical pest control and prevention. The winning facilities have developed IPM programs that focus on vigilant sanitation, prompt attention to structural pest management recommendations, diligent record keeping and staff participation in IPM training sessions and efforts.
The 2018 IPM Partner Awards winners, selected from an elite group of nominees from across the country by the Awards Jury, are:
- Baldwin Richardson Foods (Macedon, N.Y.) – Custom developer and ingredient manufacturing company of syrups, fillings, sauces and toppings.
- Cusano’s Baking Company (Coconut Creek, Fla.) – Family-owned baking company and national distributor that specializes in high quality breads and rolls.
- Ezzo Sausage Company (Columbus, Ohio) – Family-owned food manufacturer and distributor of fine Italian dried, fresh and cured meats.
- Petco DC #638 (Orlando, Fla.) – Regionally based distribution center for the leading specialty retailer of premium pet food and supplies.
- Wockhardt Pharmaceuticals (Morton Grove, Ill.) – Leading manufacturer and marketer of oral liquid and topical pharmaceuticals.
“A commitment to IPM principles benefits the environment and the health of our food supply,” said Dr. Thomas Green, president of The IPM Institute of North America and 2018 IPM Partner Awards juror. “At the IPM Institute of North America, our goal is to accelerate the adoption of IPM and other best practices, and it’s with great pride that we recognize these facilities that have gone above and beyond to achieve IPM excellence.”
Dr. David Baker, global technical director consulting and technical services for co-presenter NSF International, also served on the Awards Jury. “Effective pest management is a pillar of food safety,” Baker stated. “The 2018 winners lead by example and adapt their IPM programs over time to achieve ongoing success.”
About the Awards Jury
- David Baker, Ph.D., M.P.H., M.S., global technical director consulting and technical services, NSF International
- Austin Frishman, Ph.D., BCE, founder, AMF Pest Management Services Inc.
- Thomas A. Green, Ph.D., president, The IPM Institute of North America Inc.
- Tim Husen, Ph.D., BCE., technical services manager, Orkin
- Frank Meek, BCE, international technical and training director, Orkin
- Zia Ziddiqi, Ph.D., BCE, pest management consultant, Zia Siddiqi Consulting