When PCT reached out to PMPs who took this State of the Closed Crawlspace Market Report, we asked them for their best tips and tricks. Looking to get into the market and add to your service offerings? Here are PMPs’ Top 10 recommendations (in no particular order):
- Watch online videos/get CEU training and credits.
- Always wear a respirator.
- Develop a plan for the add-on business; make sure the plan is written.
- Don’t crawl through standing water.
- Leave your keys and wallet by the crawl door.
- Learn everything possible about mold and fungi.
- Moisture barriers might not stop standing water from occurring.
- Assess the crawlspace properly before performing any work.
- Make sure your team that does crawlspace work is dedicated.
- The vapor barrier installation is the most important part of the process.
About the Survey
The PCT 2020 State of the Closed Crawlspace Market survey was sponsored by Crawlspace Depot and compiled by Readex Research, a privately held research firm in Stillwater, Minn.
A sample of 4,438 pest control company owners, operators, executives and technical directors was systematically selected from the PCT database. Data was collected from 195 respondents — a 4 percent response rate — via online survey from April 16-27, 2020. Results to most of the closed crawlspace questions are based on the 41 respondents who indicated their location offers closed crawlspace services. The margin of error for percentages based on those 41 respondents is ±15.1 percentage points at the 95 percent confidence level.
Charts may not add up to 100 percent due to rounding.