Join the Tick IPM Working Group for the second annual Tick Academy! The Tick Academy is for researchers, educators, students, public health professionals, pest control professionals, public-space managers and citizen scientists interested in learning more about what they can do to stop the spread of ticks and tickborne diseases in their communities. This virtual event will feature twelve presentations over three, four-hour sessions where presenters will share the newest information from the field. Participants will be able to ask questions of these world-class tick experts.
- Topics covered:
- Tick management
- Tickborne disease prevention
- Recent discoveries of emerging pathogens
- Public perceptions of risk
- Diversity and identification of ticks
- Vaccine developments
- Alejandro Calixto, PhD, Director, New York State Integrated Pest Management Program
- Bieneke Bron, PhD, DVM, Scientist, Wageningen University & Research
- Bob Maurais, President, Mainely Ticks, Inc.
- Bobbi Pritt, MD, MSc, FCAP, DTMH, Director, Clinical Parasitology Laboratory, Mayo Clinic
- Jean Tsao, PhD, Associate Professor, Michigan State University
- Jordan Mandli, PhD, MPH, Research Associate, University of Wisconsin-Madison
- Kirby Stafford, PhD, Chief Scientist, State Entomologist, The Connecticut Agricultural Experiment Station
- Lorenza Beati, MD, PhD, Curator U.S. National Tick Collection, Georgia Southern University
- Susan Paskewitz, PhD, Professor & Co-Director, Midwest Center of Excellence for Vector-Borne Disease
- Tammi Johnson, PhD, Assistant Professor of Wildlife Disease Ecology, Texas A&M University
- Tom Mather, PhD, Professor & Director, University of Rhode Island Center for Vector-Borne Diseases
- Xia Lee, PhD, Postdoctoral Researcher, Midwest Center of Excellence for Vector-Borne Disease .
Click here to register.