Secret Site Map
Wednesday, July 23, 2014

Home News Update: Texas Boy Dies from Fire Ant Bites

Update: Texas Boy Dies from Fire Ant Bites

Ants

A Texas middle-school student died after ant bites he received on a football field last week sent him to the hospital with a severe allergic reaction, ABC News reports.

| September 18, 2013

A Texas middle-school student died after ant bites he received on a football field last week sent him to the hospital with a severe allergic reaction, ABC News reports.

Cameron Espinosa, an eighth grade student at Haas Middle School in Corpus Christi, Texas, died Sunday night after spending several days in an induced coma because of swelling in his brain, Driscoll Children's Hospital officials told KIII, an ABC affiliate in South Texas.

Espinosa, 13, had been huddled with fellow players during halftime of a game with nearby Hamlin Middle School when he began to scream, "Ants! Ants!"

A coach ran over and attempted to squirt the ants off Espinosa's legs using a water bottle shortly before the 13-year-old lost consciousness and collapsed on the field, according to a spokeswoman for the school.

Source: ABC News

 

Top news

Video: TV Commercials from Yates-Astro Termite & Pest Control

Yates-Astro Termite & Pest Control, Savannah, Ga., has been running four TV spots — two on termites and two on pest control. The animated roach has been the company's “spokesperson” for a few years.

Man Sets House on Fire While Trying to Kill Spider

A Seattle man set his home on fire while trying to kill a spider with a homemade blowtorch, KIRO reports.

Bayer CropScience Launches Maxforce Impact Roach Gel Bait

The product offers PMPs an innovative white matrix and a new bait active ingredient specially designed to combat aversion.

FMC Introduces Totality Wood Treatment

The new insecticide offers enhanced profitability with formulation, application and package efficiencies, FMC reports.

Bed Bugs Force NH Camp To Close for Remainder of Season

A New Hampshire summer camp has canceled the remainder of the season because of the discovery of bed bugs, boston.cbslocal.com reports.